When a scheme looks great the tone, texture and intensity of materials are balanced. We love working with natural materials for all these qualities.
Here Anna (the collector of all samples in the studio!) has selected an even surface with a fine textured finish for the roof which plays the largest part in a current scheme we’re working on. The many clay tiles wrap down over the uppermost storey creating the impression of a generous roof volume resting upon a brick volume. This is played out in a brick with a great deal of texture with a wide range of colour variation taken from the palette and to complement the even toned roof. The overall tone of the brick has been selected to be much lighter in an elegant way. All openings will support black bronze coloured aluminium windows to finish off the composition.
- Red clay roof tile// Goxhill p5/Autumn Brown by Wienerberger
- Red brick// Birtley Olde English Buff by Ibstock
- Zinc roll ridge & recessed gutters// Rainbow rojo/red by elZinc
- Aluminium windows// Ral8080
- Timber fins// sandblasted scaffold planks
We select internal materials in a different way.. we’ll keep you posted when we have chosen them!