The Court House is a five bedroom replacement dwelling designed over three floors within a conservation area in Cheshire. The narrow site, surrounded by neighbouring residential properties and mature trees defined the key elements of the brief; to maximise natural light, views and privacy in a dwelling on a tight site.
A considered design that is significant in stature was required to reflect the nature and potential of the site. The limited palette of materials allows the proposal to sit within the texture of its surroundings.
The project includes the demolition of a single storey 1920’s property with a 1970’s first floor addition, the construction of a new dwelling with a single garage and carport within a new landscaped setting.
Shortlisted in the Manchester Society of Architects Awards 2017.
Location: Bowdon, Cheshire
Gross external floor area: 355m² //3,820sqft